Slightly “reserved” in tone tonight, featuring some excellent drone by Kowalsky, Growing, and Charalambides. I found an interesting new artist in Et Ret, went back to my semi-indie roots with Mogwai, and threw in some contemporary classical with Kotche and Lucier (who was recently in the area at a concert of electro-acoustic music; I spoke with him a bit after the show, which was quite a delight (more about that in a future post)).
- Friend of the Night by Mogwai. Mr. Beast. Matador.
- Q by Alvin Lucier. Wind Shadows. New World Records.
- Mobile Parts 1, 2, & 3 by Glenn Kotche. Mobile. Nonesuch.
- Ashes from Evermore by Gregg Kowalsky. Through the Cardial Window. Kranky.
- voice box by Charalambides. gold leaf branches compilation. digitalis industries.
- (Unknown) by Growing. Color Wheel. Megablade.
- Letting Go of the Balloon by Et Ret. Gasworks. Western Vinyl.